Monday, July 15, 2013

western red cedar feeder

I don't make many bird feeders in the summer but I was happy to fill an order for recent visitors to my wee workshop. I showed them a few boards of western red cedar and they both easily nodded and agreed to my price.

Yesterday afternoon the workspace outside my shop smelled delicious. I got my money's worth in spite of a breeze.

["The base and supports were ready in no time"]

["I added a bit of detail to the base.
Hmmm... doesn't that smell good?"]

["Glueing and nailing four roof slats into place took some time"]

["Completed feeder with full-on trim package"]

["Details. There are always details"]

Fortunately, I still have enough cedar left over to make another one for my own backyard. Deeeelicious.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to view small red cedar birdhouse

No comments: