Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mr. and Mrs. C are back

Last year a pair of cardinals nested in the apricot tree in my front yard and, according to certain evidence, i.e., bits of nesting material scattered upon my front walk, family matters did not end well.

But, they're back for a second try!

["Buddy, I'm talkin' to you"]

Yesterday, while I worked and busted a few moves in the shop accompanied by blues music, a bright red male cardinal railed at me from the safety of a nearby fence rail. He stood tall and let me know in no uncertain terms he was the cock of the walk.

["This is my turf!"]

While under a trumpet vine, he trumpeted that other males in the 'hood should mind their own business. I realized a viable nest was nearby and checked out the apricot tree.


Voila! They're back. Awesome.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read slowly I turned

No comments: