Friday, July 19, 2013

add it to the list 3

The hot days of summer didn't wear us out when we were kids. We rode our bikes around town until baseball practice and then we ran around neighbourhood yards until chased away or called home by a parent hollering through a screen door or from the back porch.


On really hot days out came the sprinklers, in front yards and back. Children could wear a swimsuit all day and only need a bath once per week, just to get the grass stains off the soles of their feet.

In about ten minutes I'm going to go out and set up the sprinkler, likely in the back yard. I'm not as bold as I used to be.

And next time I'm at the hardware store I'm going to get a shorter model so that I don't trip over it. I'm not as nimble as I used to be. But I still know how to have some fun.

Photo by GH

***

Please click here to read add it to the list 2

No comments: