Monday, July 22, 2013

thumbs up: life according to Roy

["The music in the workshop keeps me smiling"]

It may just be a 1960s thing but I must say, I like how Roy Orbison cuts to the chase - in ten different songs - in such a concise manner.

["Ten tunes in 26 minutes 41 seconds! (2:40 average).
Excuse the dust. It's my shop CD player."]

When a significant relationship ends, it's over, in a bit more than two minutes and a half. Sure, he ends up crying but, again, for about two and a half minutes only, three minutes tops. I can handle that.

Then he gets on with life. Inside half an hour he's dating a pretty woman. Rrrowwrrrr. And also running scared, but not for long. I like that.

Nowadays it takes forever to share feelings. Five and six minute songs are all the rage. And when talks begins about fair settlements and distribution of assets, shots get fired.

I like things concise in the workshop.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to view art in the workshop 9

No comments: