Friday, November 21, 2008

Cartoons in Progress: Everything is Broken Part 2

We’re asked to share photographs of all things BROKEN at Thematic Photographic 25, found at Written Inc.

I shared a few photos yesterday (found under the shots below of my favourite route to hot coffee) and had a different idea today.




How about a few cartoons related to the same theme?


Barry Commoner quotes were worth finding.

Is everything broken? Is forward progress visible?

Am I a pessimist, realist, pessimistic-realist or realistic-pessimist?

Other?

.

2 comments:

Mojo said...

I might stop short of saying everything is broken, but no doubt that there is much in need of repair. So much, in fact, that it makes finding a starting point difficult sometimes.

I'm what you might call "cautiously optimistic" though. For the first time in a long while, I feel like the first mincing steps toward repairs are finally being taken. My fear is that we need to some out of the gate like an Olympic sprinter on the way to his first gold rather than a toddler on the way to his first solo flight around the coffee table.

G. Harrison said...

mojo,

cautiously optimistic has a nice ring to it; has a more positive connotation than my own choices.

I spent the first hour of the day today with a member of parliament who feels many needs must be addressed very quickly, several tipping points are on the front porch, not just the horizon.

i agree, no more toddling around the coffee table can be afforded.

gord h.