Thursday, November 13, 2008

Zoom w a View: Rows in a cornfield aren’t hard to find

My younger brother was king of the corn rows when he was ten years old because he held claim to a king’s scepter - the plunger from our bathroom.

He can have it, I thought.


Two years older, I was much too sophisticated to rule corn with a plunger.

Instead, I held sway over a kingdom of pines in our backyard with the help of a powerful pistol made from a branch of old maple.

Sorry - I digress.

View and share personal photos related to ROWS by visiting Carmi’s website and following a few simple guidelines.

Photos below: ROWS of corn reach for the sky near Pigram Rd. east of London.


Reach for the sky? Where did that come from?


.

6 comments:

Mojo said...

I suspect reach for the sky came from that wooden pistol you were holding. You could hardly tell a cornfield to "stand and deliver!"

Awesome photos Gord. Good to see you back in the game!

Marimoy said...

Fantastic pictures. Yes yes, rows are everywhere with corn, but sometimes people forget to notice the beauty or simplicity of it all. Thanks!

bobbie said...

"Zoom with a View"? Love it!

G. Harrison said...

stand and deliver is an awfully good line, isn't it, mojo? i wish i'd thought of it in 1960.

motorcycling without a visor helps me see the natural beauty of so many things I'd normally miss in a car. i'm stuck on biking and always carry a camera, mimi. thanks for your visit to It Strikes.

bobbie, was it jimmy stewart in Room w a View? That's the movie that inspired my title.

cheers,

gord h.

All This Trouble... said...

Thank you so much for visitng my blog. I don't have the time to visit with many of my friends who live close by and they don't have the patience to hold up for long around my precious but loud and energetic children. For this reason, I love the blogosphere.

I once lived in the middle of hundreds of acres of farmland. Your photos take me back.

I think we'll have corn on the cob tonight!

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

I heart number two and I love an earlier image looking out the window at trees. Enjoyed the story too!

I am loving this theme here is mine
http://pagesofourlife.blogspot.com/2008/11/stories-my-grandmothers-fingers-could.html