Thursday, November 20, 2008

Recession is not a bad word - it’s the wrong word

Recession rhymes with depression and that’s what people feel when the economy hits the bricks and robs them of a wage, pension, lifestyle and more.

I don’t get depressed.

My mind flicks to the idea that recession is a correction - an event with many positive features.

Raise your hand if you don’t know that the North American lifestyle is obscenely excessive and harmful - beyond toxic - to our basic life support system in 101 ways.

Raise your other hand if you never thought that greed (cheap mortgages for over-sized homes), stupidity (generations of gas guzzlers, for one example) and driving the environment to ruin would come with a pay back - or correction.

Hands in the air?

Give me your wallet.

***

Other words for recession?

.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

No fair. I can't type well with my nose...

G. Harrison said...

mea culpa too. boomers have lots of explainin' to do.

GAH