Friday, November 7, 2008

Motorcycle Miles: Things of the earth, water and air

I had projects to finish yesterday but the summer-like weather tempted me to bike toward Mill Rd.


I remembered a stop I made beside an old mill pond last year and once there discovered I had the place to myself again.


On the way home I stood on a bluff overlooking a river valley and managed to snap the retreat of a bald eagle.


Surely the weather will allow me to get back to see if the sharp-eyed fisherman has caught his prey.

.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

Gord, these are absolutely stunning. That first photo just took my breath away. The kind of place I could just stand and stare for an hour or so.

G. Harrison said...

hi bobbie.

what a great comment. thank you.

the places i have found close to home could fill a catalogue.

maybe one day they will.

combine 'the hunt' for a view with a motorcycle ride and i'm as happy as a peach.

cheers,

gord