Saturday, November 8, 2008

Number 1 Hit Single: i don’t need

Everybody sing:

i don’t need
anything but you

i don’t need a cell phone to talk to you
don’t need a big screen TV to see me through
don’t need designer jeans to make me a purty boy
just need you across from me
in your favourite chair.

i don’t need to take a trip to Spain
don’t need a journey by car or jet plane


don’t need folks waiting on me to feel content
just need you asleep beside me
at the end of day.

i don’t need a fancy car to drive around
don’t need a name known all over town
don’t need fat RRSPs in the piggy bank
just need you to laugh with me
while dancing in the kitchen.

i don’t need
anything but you.

gah

***

If this blog gets too predictable you just let me know.

.

5 comments:

carmilevy said...

More, please. You couldn't be predictable if you tried.

Thanks for letting me know about that book on creativity. I'm in!

(Funny you share this today: I was cycling home from donating plasma this morning. The skies were steely gray, trending to black. The wind cut through my carefully planned layers, and I found myself riding hard to get home before the rains hit. And as I cranked, I thought how simple this moment was, how I needed little else beside my bike, my body and my brain to get me home. It never needs to be more complex than that, and I often wonder why most of us fail to realize that. Glad you do!)

Theresa said...

This is great :) I read it over quite a few times - just perfect really!

Anonymous said...

I showed my husband your poem and then we had a cuddle.

G. Harrison said...

hi carmi,

don't so many things offer more distraction than worth?

your bike, body and brain to get home - very reliable and under your control.

i like moments like that too.

gord

G. Harrison said...

be careful what you say, jesse. i want my blog to maintain a PG rating.

cheers,

gord