Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Them folks in the In crowd should wake up

In response to my most recent post about No Clothing Day bobbie sent me the following:

My youngest was always a rebel.

Fortunately, she usually rebelled against "Them" rather than against me.

When she was in high school, she hated the "In" crowd who all wore designer labels only.

She marched herself to a thrift shop, and bought her clothes there.

Always looked like a fashion plate, too.

She still shops in such places, and she's 39.

Still looks great, too.


I bet she does, bobbie.

Fleeting fashion will always take a back seat to creativity and confidence.

***

Can you be frugal and fashionable?

I'll find out this afternoon.

Two university students, on class assignment (a TV project) are popping by to see my wardrobe.

Should I wear my $4 Chaps denim shirt or my $3 Geoffrey Beene?

Decisions, decisions!

.

No comments: