Wednesday, January 13, 2010

London’s Weather: Too cold for pajamas this morning

TV and radio stations surely pay gazillions of dollars to know exactly what the weather will be like so they can make accurate forecasts and hang onto viewers and listeners.

Because weather is an important topic. Everyone must know if will rain today, if there’s a wind from the east (it’s good for neither man nor beast) or if Hurricane Broom Hilda is headed toward their street.

I have ways of collecting information, however, that cost me nothing and keep me healthy.


["The giraffe is still visible; no new snow": photos GAH]

Usually, I step onto the porch in the morning in my pajamas to collect my morning paper and say hi to the neighbours leaving for work.

“Have a good one,” I’ll say.

Then I’ll wave and say, “I’m just going in to read the paper and have my second coffee. How cool is retirement, eh?”

If I feel a chill in the air I make a mental note.

As well, on a regular basis, I walk onto the back deck after coffee to take a photo of my meteorological station (read ‘giraffe and plastic construction worker sitting on the pile of snow-covered bricks beside the garbage bin’) and feed the birds.


["The new feeder attracted several visitors yesterday": GAH]

Today, I took pictures from inside because it is too cold to wander around on the back deck in pajamas.

I noticed no new snow to compliment yesterday’s light dusting.

Prediction: To enjoy this typical Canadian winter’s day people should wear typical winter clothing.

.

No comments: