Monday, January 18, 2010

Zoom w a View: A change in the weather in Fenelon Falls

The last time I visited Fenelon Falls, Ontario I was delighted to see snow on the ground and ice on the river next to my son’s house.

While there (the weekend incl. Dec. 19) I wrote the following (and more):


["Ice and snow on a four-plex"; photos by GAH]

From where I'm sitting (upper floor study at my son's house in Fenelon Falls) the weather is great.


["The swimming hole is closed"]

The sun is out, the air feels cold, there is a fair bit of snow on the ground and on the birdhouse that graces the railing of my son's deck that faces the icy river.


The photos below were taken two days ago, shortly after we arrived in Fenelon once again.


January thaw?


Will the snow and ice return?

I hope so.


Anna, one of my twin grand-daughters, isn’t at all hopeful.

.

No comments: