Friday, January 1, 2010

Zoom w a View: A wee bit of snow and two resolutions

I was up early this morning, not because I was early to bed last night - though 1 a.m. didn’t feel overly late - but because my back still hurts from an enthusiastic hug I received last Sunday.

By 6 a.m. a steady ache has me ready to roll out of bed, throw on my house coat and stumble around in the dark until I can decide what to do next.


["Four hooks keep the feeder stable on a clothesline": photos GAH]

The usual answer - make a pot of coffee or tea.

(My chiropractor will have the problem fixed soon, I’m sure, and I’ll go back to sleeping in until 8 a.m. as usual).


["Snow is tramped down on fence rails by squirrel traffic"]

This morning, coffee in hand, I saw a bit of snow coming down and realized it was time to string up my bird feeder.


["Fresh snow; squirrels must still be sleeping"]

The squirrel population has increased in the neighbourhood (you can see them running along the tops of fence rails every hour of the day it seems) so I’m going to put out a squirrel trap as well.

So, thus far into 2010, I have two resolutions.

You?

.

No comments: