Friday, January 1, 2010

Verse 2: Deck the Hills with Prorogation...

Fah la la la la... la la la phooey.

By now you all know what prorogation means to a parliamentarian in Canada. (And it's important stuff).

However, you may not know how the discussion about proroguing parliament initially started in the PM’s office.

In my humble opinion (and I could be wrong but not very darn likely), I think it started with the following words from Conservative Finance Minister Jim Flatulence:

“My new box of pencils just arrived from China.”


Then the PM said, “Excellent. I’ll phone the Governor General.

"Let's see. Where's her number? And what’s her name again?” he asked before dialing.

After a brief but crucial exchange, the finance minister left the PM’s office and set to work.

And if you listen closely (by turning a sharp ear toward Parliament Hill in Ottawa after your kids have gone to bed), you’ll hear the sound of someone (I think you know who it is) feverishly sharpening a gross of pencils from a far off land.

And what’s Jim going to do with 144 sharp and sturdy pencils?

Stay tuned.

.

No comments: