Thursday, August 5, 2010

From The Workshop Pt 2: Rescued lumber finds a home

During July I found or was given several piles of lumber, so I’ve been busy for the last couple of weeks in the workshop.


["95% is AOK in my book": photos GH]

A friend dropped off several lengths of old cedar deck board recently - and I’m happy to report - 95% of it is reusable.

I see many solid birdhouses and a deck chair in my future.


["Long deck boards became long bird houses"]

Last week I visited a neighbour’s garage and exited with a few old pieces of barn board that seemed worth the clean up effort.


["The boards cleaned up and cut up nicely"]

I’ll make two more identical ranch-style triplexes tomorrow or Friday but add more trim around the entry holes.


Maybe I’ll add manly curtains too.

***

Is there such a thing as a manly curtain?

I found no curtains attached to birdhouses in Pt. Bruce, the birdhouse capital of SW Ontario.

.

No comments: