Thursday, August 26, 2010

Letter to the Editor: “I’ll happily look out at a few wind turbines”

I guess I’m not alone. Someone else - a cottager in this case - has something to say in favour of wind turbines.

Bruce K. writes: “For anyone complaining about their spoiled view or reduced property value from wind turbines, I urge you to visit the London Health respiratory clinic. Pay attention to the crying...”

“The Ont. Ministry of the Environment said in a 2005 report that 5,800 Ont. deaths were caused by smog due in arge part to coal-fired electrical generating stations.”


“I’ll happily look out at a few wind turbines and feel proud that Ontario is doing something to lives.”
(Aug. 23 issue of the London Free Press)

As I said earlier, turbines - in the long-term - may be one of the cheapest and healthiest forms of producing hydro.

Pay now or pay later.

Please click here to read Wind Turbines Pt 3

.

No comments: