Monday, August 30, 2010

In the Workshop: What’s that under the bench?

I’ve enjoyed busy times in the shop lately but the dust was getting so thick I couldn’t see out the window.

A ‘shed night’ was scheduled for last Thursday so, the afternoon of, I lifted the shop vac off its wall mount.


["Three small birdhouses ready for fence posts": photos GH]

(‘Shed night’; definition - neighbours get together and - while sipping cold beverages and the occasional single malt - attempt to solve problems of the world, or not; e.g., “Anybody brave enough to trap the skunk I saw last night in our yards?” No answer.)


["The tall one was made from rescued lumber from Bracebridge"]

While vacuuming I spotted a pile of dusty lumber under my main bench.

I wondered, what could that be?

Upon closer inspection I discovered leftover bits of cedar, nicely cut and sanded, from an earlier project.

Two hours later I had three small birdhouses ready for fence posts in the country.

***

Photos from the country should soon follow now that the linseed oil finish is dry.

Is this good motorcycling weather, or what?

Please click here to view other recent shop projects.

.

No comments: