Wednesday, August 11, 2010

In the Workshop: No end in sight for rescued lumber

A friend dropped off a load of old cedar deck board about 3 weeks ago and said, “I don’t know if you can use this.”

I saw birdhouses and deck chairs in my future.


[“Three tri-plexes atop nine bluebird houses”: photos GH]

Nine rugged cedar birdhouses are finished now and two deck chairs will be ‘in the works’ next week. The plan for the chairs is drawn - I just need a cloudy day so that I can cut the lumber without getting a sun burn. A breezy day too - so that the dust blows over the fence and into Wortley Village.


[“Window trim takes time but seems worth the effort”]

(I’m waiting for one of my friends to say, “I had a coffee at The Roaster today that smelled like your workshop. Why is that?”)


[“The last purple martin house of 2010?”]

Though the last of my white cedar scrap is gone (just finished my last purple martin house for a while), my pile of barn board is growing.


[“The air vent ridge is of red cedar, rescued from a picket fence”]

Busy times ahead.

Please click here to see my last cedar birdhouse from rescued lumber.

***

I like window trim, don’t you?

How about some manly curtains?

.

No comments: