Friday, August 13, 2010

Port Dover, Ontario: 25,000 bikes today? Very likely

I know it’s Friday the 13th and thousands of motorcyclists are on their way to Port Dover, Ontario to celebrate the 50th anniversary of gathering at Dover, on the north shore of Lake Erie.


["Port Dover, 8 a.m., 2007": photos GH]

I’m staying home.


But based on past experience (Dover 2007), if other bikers don’t leave early, they’ll be parking their bike outside of town by noon.


The streets of Dover will be packed.

I am staying home to pack up about 15 boxes of birdhouses for a sale tomorrow in Strathroy. Art in the Park won’t rock as loudly as Port Dover but perhaps I’ll make enough sales to keep my bike filled with gas for the rest of 2010.


And if I finish packing by 2 p.m. this afternoon I know I can join up with two friends who are leaving town by 2:30.

Birdhouses and bikes. For me, they do go together in a strange way.

.

No comments: