Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Bird Watching: "return visits always welcome"

There may come a time - due to tough times ahead - when I'll have to make a critical decision: Buy birdseed or pay for TV cable. I'll cancel cable. Birds are more beneficial for our future than 99% of TV shows.

["These jays know where their bread is buttered"]

They provide skid loads of healthy entertainment as well. Everyday, for example, I look forward to watching feathered visitors at my bird feeder, and furry ones (as long as they stay on the ground) that clean up some of the leftover seeds scattered here and there by the boisterous sparrows, chickadees and flashes of juncos.

["While the male eats the female watches from a nearby post"] 

When a particularly bright flash of colour streaks through the air and past my window I tune in. And there are no commercials. Excellent!

Photos by GH

***

Any special guests at your feeder this week?

Please click here to view Bird Watching: "chickadees seem so polite"

No comments: