Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Workshop: "the sun rises on another project"

After delivering a parcel I brushed off my hands, said 'ta-daaa' (everybody should say that when a project is completed to their complete satisfaction; the world would be a happier place) and walked back to the shop. I looked at the next line on my to-do list. It said 'swap boxes for KC'. And, as usual, when the sun begins to rise on another project in the shop, I grabbed a pencil and paper.

["There's a sweet, sweet silence at the start of day"]

["I always keep a supply of pencils handy"]

["About halfway there. Big trim package needed"]

For those not in the know: Swap boxes are somewhat like little 'free libraries' ("Take a book. Free. And share a book in return") that a few people have in their front yards in London and other urban centres.  But swap boxes are smaller, placed in front yards as well, and are places where children (and others so-inclined) can swap one thing for another, e.g., a pencil for an eraser, a Dinky Toy for Robin, a pack of Juicy Fruit for Beemans.

So, stand back. The shop is about to get dusty.  

["Excuse me, Gord. What's this I hear about a swap?"]

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read the sun sets on one project

No comments: