Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Workshop: file it under 'good ones'

The customer was satisfied with the birdhouse (now on its way to Montreal) and happy to part with the required fee. When he walked out the door I noticed something linked to the house had been left behind, i.e., my preliminary sketches.

["I like drawing on paper, especially with a good pencil"]

["As the side view developed I knew I
was in for a good time in the workshop"]

I thought, I'm glad I didn't give these away. Besides a few photos, they're all I've got left.

I'll keep the sketches in a safe place, because I want to make three or four more in the future. Maybe by next summer.

Now, on to the next project, swap boxes.

Photos by GH

***

Do you still like putting pencil to paper? I think the sketching process connects us to a project in a unique way.

Please click here to read The Workshop: the sun rises on another project

No comments: