Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Toronto Maple Leafs: Already we’re in the basement

The sound you hear is the gnashing of teeth.

Mine.


["What are you laughing at, Mr. Pumpkin?": photos GH]

My Leafs were humiliated by the NYR on Sat. night, lost the two points I felt we so badly needed and left me feeling weak and distraught on Hallowe’en Night.


Good thing I had access to the candy bowl. A handful of little Snickers bars helped me forget the loss - for a while.

Toronto is under the dreaded line! We’re in the basement. I’m so young.

Worse, my sister’s team, the Montreal Canadiens, are leading the NE division. And we’re only a point ahead of the NYI and they don’t even have a goalie.

(I notice Boston has a good one. Who can we trade to get Thomas?)

We play OTT tonight at 7 p.m., their goaltending is shaky, so we have a chance to get out of the basement.

Go Leafs.

***

Please click here to read the last Leafs post. From Shakyville.

.

No comments: