Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: Last ride of the season?

Seconds after leaving The Red Roaster yesterday morning I felt the warmth of the sun on my cheeks.


[“Clear skies SE of Deforest City, near Glanworth Rd.”]

My wife mentioned errands she wanted to run; I thought about taking a ride.


[“I checked on my birdhouse behind New Sarum Diner”]

An hour later, while riding south on Wellington past the 401 and Dingman Dr., I turned the throttle in my double-gloved hand and the bike really took off.


[An old bridge in Pleasant Valley, NE of Sparta”: photos GH]

The sound of thunder erupted from under the seat and I began to fly.

The bike wanted to go - and so did I.


[“I’ll go west to Springwater Rd., then SE to Pt. Bruce”]

November temperatures didn’t allow me to fly beyond the southernmost point of the trip, i.e., the pier in Port Bruce, and on the way back into London my hands almost turned to ice.


[“Gulls line the breakwater in the Pt. Bruce channel”]

I may have had my last bike ride of the season.

***

Or not.

Anything above 7 degrees should be be fine.

Please click here to read about my last ‘last’ ride.



.

No comments: