Wednesday, March 13, 2013

maybe I made two mistakes

I began an earlier post - concerning dancing alone in my workshop - by saying, 'okay, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.' I successfully completed the 'hippy hippy shake' while listening to Royal Wood yesterday so I guess I should say it happens more regularly than I let on.

Same can be said now for making the odd mistake. It seems I err regularly.

For example, I may have been hoaxed by a Facebook thingy this week, and if that's the case, it's the second time this month I've been duped. All I can say is, I'll try to be more careful, and at least my new rooster ($18 on kijiji) is laying eggs.

["As well, the chicken doesn't look exactly like the picture"]

I also said - while assembling a new birdhouse recently - that I would 'add a slat roof of barn board or cedar'. But after applying a roof of old pine I felt I should have been in less of a hurry to get done and taken the time to use matching gray barn board. Someone I talked too the same day also said the same thing.

[I said, "I will add a slat roof of barn board or cedar"] 

Now, it's not like I won't make another dozen or so now that I've got the hang of it, but I have to resist the urge to use up bits and pieces that I have on hand 'right away' all the time. I mean, I could have used up the bits and pieces later this week or next, because I'm pretty sure I'll be in the shop happily playing with power tools just about every week for the next 30 years.


And that's no mistake.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read 'time to dance'

No comments: