Sunday, September 4, 2016

Today in the Life of a Snail

Awake Early

My Wednesday night walkabout (@Johnson and Wellington)

I woke up at 3:45 AM and couldn't get back to sleep because my mind latched onto a couple of ideas that wouldn't let go. I got up and made some decaf. Now I'm reflecting on how the last few days passed in a blur. Drove to Kingston on Tuesday, checked into a pleasant downtown hotel (the rugs could use some work but the continental breakfast saved me a fortune), enjoyed several walkabouts, visited relatives, cruised flea markets and bookstores, took a lot of photos, drove to Lindsay on Friday (via Wilton - for cheese - and Picton) to visit son David and his girls, then arrived back home in London yesterday - none the worse for wear.

 Under cloudy skies (about to spill) I look NW toward Princess 

 The Loyalist Highway (#33) includes a free ferry ride toward Picton

To Jackson I say, "Happy Birthday, Dude!"

I am reflecting now on the thought that I have a good-looking grandson who just turned eighteen. On the trip home yesterday my wife reminded me we could be great-grandparents in a few years. What's it all mean? Days go by one at a time and mine are starting to add up to a big number.

Keep smiling.

Please link to Motorcycle Miles - Port Bruce, August 27 (2)

Photos GH

No comments: