Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Motorcycle Miles 4: Beauty and the Birds.

'Tis The Season.

[Photo: A very quiet Monday afternoon at Port Bruce]

June will be full of surprises at Port Bruce as the water warms and the winds blow. Wave action will at times drive fisherman off the pier while stirring up new colours for the watchful eye. Skies will then be very clear, and the lake's sights and sounds will be clean and crisp.

Photos from along the way:

He's thinkin', I can see all the way to Cleveland. 


 "Uncle Louie Walks The Dog"

 This will be a big year for swallows and their new mud nests

 Stylish condos for families, 2018

Under the bridge on Crossley-Hunter Line (south of Belmont) 

I had the place to myself yesterday.

Getting there is half the fun. I parked my Yamaha at Crossley-Hunter bridge and counted pairs of swallows in the air. They darted over my head and warned others I was back again, and not going away. Big numbers, big year, I thought.

Once under the bridge I stopped counting mud houses at sixty. Anxious swallows were everywhere - so quick I couldn't see them - so I didn't want to overstay my first visit. By my 3rd or 4th visit they will be less jittery and feed their young while I stand in the middle of the creek bed to watch. 

I'll be back.


Photos GH

No comments: