Thursday, September 6, 2018

Motorcycle Miles 8: Vivid Blue Over the North Shore.

An Unexpected Bright Canopy

I warmed up the bike at noon in my driveway under large, billowing clouds. But a few minutes after passing south of the 401 highway I noticed the skies were clear. Only one large mass of white - looking like a large rabbit blowing smoke rings - appeared on the gradually approaching horizon, the north shore of Lake Erie.

"The rabbit ears had transformed into a set of wings"

By the time I parked my motorcycle in Port Bruce, the rabbit ears had transformed into a set of wings, wide enough to allow the shape-shifter to hold its glide pattern for almost an hour.

There was no escape from London's mugginess. It had followed me the 57 kilometres south, then enveloped me while I strolled in heavy jeans and black boots to the boat channel and pier. 



Oh, to be a gull, I thought. To float on a breeze, to skim the water's face, to rest and cool upon a wave.


"The shape-shifter held its glide pattern for almost an hour"

Not brave enough to swim in my boxers, I ordered an ice cream cone (Raspberry and Truffles) and sat in the shade. 

Cheers!


Photos GH

No comments: