Sunday, November 22, 2020

A Week's Work in November 2020

 It May Be All Walking and Biking 'Til Spring 

A hard snow is a-gonna fall but I still want to travel outta-doors

Introduction:

The weather in London ONT did a flip flop this week. I would like to say, "a flip flop like no other," but - thanks to global warming - most of us are getting used to 4 - 5 different types of weather systems during any given week.

I could have gone walking in shorts on Thursday and Friday, the weather was so mild. And today I bet some people are digging out their winter boots and worrying that they haven't put their snow tires on the car yet.

That being said, after taking a few photos off the front porch this morning and examining the evidence ("Yup, it's snowing!"), I think I'll be wearing an extra layer, but I will still get my 7 - 8 mile walk completed in running shoes. (I know, it's a first-world problem, eh).

Last Sunday I biked (recumbent exercise bike, with a tall pile of good books beside it) for about two hours, and worked up a good sweat. And then I walked/biked (combo) for a total of about two hours for the next four days to see how my right foot would hold up. It was AOK, so. I finished off the week with two good walks, in the 5 - 6 mile range.

Am I going to get back to running during the winter months? I don't think so. If memory serves, I haven't done much winter running over the last several years - well, maybe a bit at the YMCA, because I could wear shorts on the treadmills, and I like treadmills. But it's closed now. 






This is good walking weather!

I bet I'll continue to enjoy walking and the walk/bike combo until spring. And when the weather warms I'll get back to some form of a walk/run combo. And if there is a half-marathon scheduled in London during the spring of 2021 I'll be gearing my runs toward 13.1 miles... if all goes well : )

See you on the TVP trails!


Photos GH 

No comments: