Monday, April 12, 2021

moderne arte: let's go back to the '70s (1)

World Class Talent (!!) Stored Away in Scrapbooks ; )

An idea from 1977 is alive again today... in the moderne era

Gord's Most Recent "Long and Winding Road"

Not bad for a guy who cannot even programme his VCR

Introduction:

Me? Avant garde? C'est possible!

In the mid-1970s, possibly during a boring psych lecture, an idea related to colourful line designs was born. If I can find my workbooks from that era - while an adult-student at the University of Western Ontario - I will undoubtedly find a few 'doodles' on the inside of the front- and back-covers. That's where I did my best work : )

While looking through a 1970s scrapbook recently I found a couple of primo examples of my colourful doodles and they have inspired me to collect a few bits of cardboard and round up a handful of magic markers. Below, readers will find an ever-growing collection of old and new line art; designs that will both please and amuse:

Gord's early two-line doodle, dated 1977. And so it begins...

Gord's first six-line doodle kinda got carried away; 1970s

A large four-line doodle, 1970s as well

Recently, the moderne era began, with a $2-pack of markers from The Dollar Store:

A four-line doodle about 4 x 5-inches
JPEG for sale for one NRFT. Details below


Photo modified for "your viewing pleasure"
(as Ed Sullivan used to say)


Line design - "almost finished"

brain @ play #2 ready for framing



technological wizard modified - for sale
for one NRFT. details below

modern line art - unfinished NFS

modern line art (modified)


Fair trade price: One NRFT = one JPEG*




Fair trade price: One NRFT = one JPEG*

Unfinished. Coming soon to a theatre near you!

More to follow from "the moderne era."

*I realize that crypto rich art collectors - with deep pockets full of non-fungible tokens or NFTs - are gobbling up digital art at astounding prices. I say, hold on there. I too would like to get into that game so I've come up with a new way to put a price on my pixels. Just mail me one NRFT (non-refundable toonie : ) and a medium-high rez JPEG is yours!

Reach me at gordh7700@gmail.com with questions or comments. 

Sure, Gord gets all artsy fartsy sometimes. Please click here to view colourful graffiti produced by local artists.

Photos GH 

No comments: