Wednesday, August 11, 2021

moderne arte: map making, city and aerial views (2)

City Maps, Inspired by a 1960's Doodle...

Might Have a Long Shelf-Life

The "$2.00 Magic Markers" are still going strong!

Introduction:

A set of six, long-lasting markers from Dollarama (and bright... I like bright - for only two bucks, come on!) has inspired me to invest in another package, just in case my newly rediscovered interest (in doodling) outlasts their lifespan. And then recently - while shopping for high quality drawing paper and more white cardboard - I spotted other sets of even fatter markers (more colours per set too). Ca-ching! Happy Birthday to me. 

So, my series of line designs, aka moderne arte, is expanding and several new items appear below.

Some are getting framed in preparation for an upcoming art event, i.e., the 2022 version of Gathering on the Green, held annually in London Ontario two blocks from my front porch. And if production gets way out of hand I may be soon creating an "art for sale" sign just for my porch!

Yes, my doodling from the 1960s has created a monster : )

Photos From Along the Way:

































This is where my last post finished off, with a nod to the complicated mess of wires - and inevitable mysteries - inside my desktop computer:

The series re "technological systemware" may never end ; )




My current wee project, 5 by 7 inches, is underway:


city blocks, with garden plots, beside a peaceful canal

More to follow, I'm pretty sure.

Please link to moderne arte: map making, roots in the '60s (1)

Photos GH

No comments: