Sunday, October 24, 2010

Postcards From the Side of the Road

I know Mill Rd. is a short road, but I took lots of pictures, so I’m taking a long time to get to the end of a pile.




The land owner I talked to today maintains a lovely brick and barn board barn and the land around it.


Inside of the barn sits a 1982 Honda Civic belonging to his wife. I once owned an ’80 Civic and I think mine was in better shape when I finally got rid of it.


Though the property owner gets orioles at his bird feeder his old purple martin house sits empty year after year.


I took one look and felt I knew the reason why it sits empty.

Any guesses?

***

Please click here to see more artsy (even brilliant) photos from a recent bike ride.

.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Yes, it needs to sit on top of a pole not in a tree - inhibits swoopability.

G. Harrison said...

Excellent answer, Jane. Squirrels would love this house.

Sorry, no prizes this week. I ate the lemon pie myself.

Hmmmm.

Gord