Friday, January 10, 2014

Bird Watching: "female gold finch"

Some birds have deserted my feeder because it was blown over during a cold snap. For the last three days blue jays, cardinals and doves have not been visiting my new one.


However, while watching sparrows and juncos gobble seed mix during their noon meal at my improved, sturdier feeder, a pair of lovely wee female gold finches made an appearance.


A special treat, I say.


Q: Why do chickadees tap at peoples' windows?

One flew at my window many times on a very cold day earlier this week. He must be very cold and hungry, I thought. If I open my window I bet he'll come inside.

Neighbours described the same activity. I know chickadees are sociable birds, but sociable enough to come indoors?

Photos by GH

More Bird Watching

No comments: