Friday, January 3, 2014

Bird Watching: "just get along"

Aggressive behaviour is seen at the feeder on a regular basis and it is often related to maintaining a pecking order at mealtime. Jays reign supreme but the gentle mourning dove makes use of its size too. Wee juncos are also quick to make room for themselves, even with their own kind.

Some days, however, everybody seems to make an effort to just get along.

["I honestly didn't mean to make others shove off"]

["We'll wait up here while you finish up"]

["I don't see female finches often, so eat up," says Mr. Junco]

["I'll stay over here, you stay over there. Agreed?" "Agreed."]

Thanks to watching the best of bird behaviour, my wife and I now agree to stick to our own end of the couch when Coronation Street is on the telly.

Photos by GH

Do you have your end of the couch staked out?

More Bird Watching

No comments: