Friday, January 24, 2014

The Workshop: "March's assignment -- blue"

I was loading birdhouses into my car recently when a fellow spoke to me from a nearby second floor window. "Are you selling those?" I said yes and he hurried downstairs to inspect the collection inside my Civic.

He liked all I had but wanted a tall duplex. "I bought one for a friend's backyard last summer and he wants another. Do you have any at home?" I shook my head and he signed on to a custom order. I'll get to it next week or in February.

And I'll get to another custom job too soon thereafter, now that I've located a long lost photo of a blue house situated near Twillingate, NFLD.

["The woodpile and lawn chairs will be tricky : )"]

The misplaced photo came to my attention while transferring dozens of others - re Dad's Navy days - from an old computer to a new one. Ouch. It had gone missing for a long time and the fellow who asked for a birdhouse 'to look like this house' may have forgotten about the request.

I'll contact him this week - to apologize - and see what's up. If he says 'thumbs up', then February or March's assignment will be a blue one.


Photos by GH

More from The Workshop

No comments: