Friday, January 3, 2014

Zoom w a View: "retired bird feeder"

Whenever I go out back my head turns toward one of my favourite birdhouses. It always offers up a one- or two-day old weather report.


     It snowed last night. It's still cold out too
     because the snow is hanging around. See?

The birdhouse initially had a wide porch roof and because it was almost flat I used it as a bird feeding surface. But the neighbourhood squirrels had easy access to it - via the nearby fence - and regularly ate more seed than the birds. So, off went the porch roof and it retired as a bird feeder.

Today, however, because its wide porch collects snow - a Canadian thing to do - it has become a weather station, and a bit of a head turner in my opinion.

Cool.

Photos by GH

Do your birdhouses report the weather?

More Zoom w a View

No comments: