Friday, January 10, 2014

Bird Watching: "two signs of activity"

A cat may be in a nearby tree and keeping birds away from the feeder. I've seen cats in the spruce in the past, so in about 5 minutes I'm going to the basement to fetch a hockey stick. Darn cats!!

In the meantime, allow me to say my feeder now sits atop a sturdier pole, never to blow over again, and I've just seen - in the last few minutes - two signs of positive activity in the yard related to it.

["The metal lamp shade baffles the squirrels!"]

One. A sparrow has returned and will soon spread the news that the feeder is open for business once again.

Two. A squirrel is walking away dejectedly and will soon suggest to his buddies that Gord has baffled them again!

Hahahaha!

I love a good laugh, especially at a fuzzy rodent's expense.

Photo by GH


No comments: