Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Local birdhouse maker has new work plan for his shop

In 2008 I made and sold many birdhouses, put gas in my motorcycle with the proceeds - and life was good.

This year, however, I’ve come up with a new plan based on something I’ve learned about birdhouses recently.

I’ve discovered that the more trim I attach, the more fanciful the design, the more money I can charge per unit. (Per unit is an important business term, so you may already see where my mind is going).

In other words, I could, in a business-like way, make fewer units, but make a lot more money. Or heaps.

Sweet.

So, the new plan?

I’m going to work toward making the smallest number possible for the highest amount of money, kind of like the way some high-end, gated subdivisions are going here in town.

Maybe I can get to one huge birdhouse per year for one million dollars.

Birds like jacuzzis, right?

***

Good plan?

.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooo, thoughtprovoking!

Unknown said...

Definitely a good plan; and remember,most birds like sparkly things.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Jessica and Jane,

One sparkly birdhouse per year... it could work.

GH