Wednesday, October 9, 2013

"Singing with Joni Mitchell"

Yesterday I hustled. Busy as a bee I was in the workshop.


Songs from a Joni Mitchell CD filled the air, and then something else - quite unexpectedly - did as well.

["not much to look at - that small piece of fragrant wood"]

As I trimmed the base for a red cedar model on a nearby chop saw, the most wonderful fragrance, of a woman's expensive perfume, assailed my senses. I instinctively turned my head toward the workshop door.

['Sometimes I'm Happy', she sang]

Had someone entered, I wondered, their footsteps hidden by the sounds of the CD and saw? A sweet perfume engulfed me and I turned farther around. No one.

I tapped the base, that small piece of fragrant wood, into place and sang the last few words of 'Sometimes I'm Happy' with Joni Mitchell.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read from the Dylan files

No comments: