Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Sunday Ride

Classic Trucks. One For Me?

General Motors Pick Up, 1937.

I was born in 1949, the truck was built 12 years earlier. Guess who runs better?

My Sunday motorcycle ride took me to Aylmer where I received news that there was something going on at a nearby (relatively) conservation area north of St. Thomas on Highbury. I'd have to turn around but it sounded good, as long as I could get lunch that was on par with BLTs at The Corner View in Port Bruce. (Fat chance, eh!)

I settled for a cold cola and freshly BBQ-ed cheeseburger and a walk down memory lane. Vintage cars and tractors and trucks and iron horses and more filled my afternoon. Why, if I'd had $50,000 I coulda come home with a shiny, burnt-orange pick up, maybe with an old Ford tossed in for good measure. What are the odds? None!

That being said, once I'd wiped mustard off my chin I had a pleasant walk around with good friends from Aylmer.

Photos From Patterson Park






1962 F-100 Ford pick up, I believe. 



Can you see me cruising around town in this old Ford?

Please link to Motorcycle Miles 2019 (4).

Photos GH.

No comments: