Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Another Trip "Down Memory Lane" in Norwich

Hauling Gravel by Horse and Buggy, by Doug Harrison

Alice, Roland, Roland Sr., Doug (front), Myrtle Harrison
Likely in front of their frame house, Spring Street

Doug reaches a long way back to fetch a story from the 1930s in Norwich:


 "about music and my inquisitive mind"

Harold Williams, circa 1940s
Photo - Norwich Gazette

My father's stories always give me lots to think about: How did he connect with Billy Nobles, Alabama? Were Heman and Harold Williams related? Where was the swimming hole? I should thank Edith as well, for clipping out family stories and putting them into a scrap book.

Thanks, Mom.

Doug's music collection (of tapes) is now on Prince Edward Island with my oldest sister, Lannie Dee.

Please link to Birds: "Waltzing Starling Won't Mate with Hootchy-Kootchy" (2)

Photos GH

No comments: