Tuesday, June 2, 2020

New Running Goal, New Training Chart (1)

Hills, Race Pace, Speed Work, Long Runs

Walkn, thinkn, walkn, thinkn.

My spring half marathon (April22) is a few miles behind me and my mind is looking even farther ahead, into November.

The historic Hamilton 30 K Road Race - longest continuously run road race in the universe (or is it just North America?) - is usually a spring event, for which I would not have been prepared this year. But, due to COVID-19, it was cancelled end of March. However, it might happen this year after all. 

Check Hamilton 30 K online and you will find that race organizers are planning (and hoping their plans work out) to offer registration for the 2020 race on October 5th, and hoping/planning to run the race on November 5th.

So, I have a new training chart - four runs per week, two long walks, Saturdays off - in draft form, and because it's in the early stages I will see how it feels (almost identical to my spring half marathon chart), tweak it if or where needed, then put a copy on a later post.

I have a hilly route going north toward the university, and a route going west that allows me to accommodate my weekly race pace, speed work and long runs. Why, by October 5th I should be one svelte little runner, ready to register for the 30 K.

We shall see what we shall see.

Photos From Along the Hilly Way:

Thames Park, medium hill

Wortley Road, easy hill

Route to Harris Park and the Eldon House hard hill

More to follow as I prepare for my tenth running of Around the Bay 30Km, Hamilton.

For more posts re running, please link to Now This Is Happening (6).

Photos GH

No comments: