Monday, October 7, 2024

Moderne Arte: "critic of line design" and More

The Little 'critic of line design' is Back

I Don't Think He Will Ever Go Away

He always finds something to chirp about, eh!

Introduction:

The origin of the 'critic of line design' goes back just a few years. After framing and displaying a few line designs - inspired by my doodles from the 1960s - some cranky person made a comment about how small they looked. And by some peoples' standards, e.g., those few who have never opened a comic book or history book or any book with illustrations that are around 3 or 4 inches square, they are small. You just have to move a little closer to framed art on the wall sometimes. Small objects or designs happen.

Whatever the case may be, I do like smallish line designs, even medium-ish. Someday I might paint larger and larger ones but I won't tell everybody because in every crowd there will be someone who says, "Geez Louise, this is a big one, eh! It sure wouldn't fit in our bathroom." Yes, thanks for that.

All that being said, I've really started to like the little guy. His clothing is fun to colour and he talks my language, i.e., using words and designs. And my oldest son actually loves him too. "Keep them coming," he says.

So, I will.

Two critics follow along with some odds and ends:

a medium-ish line design, now finished and framed

another medium-ish line design, now finished and framed

I like close ups of this wee flower. Could it become a line design?

Photos of my wee-ist pair of line designs:







CRITICIZE THIS: "What's with all the WONKY LINES?"





CRITICIZE THIS: "Turn up the AUDIO would ya!"



I like that rugby shirt. I'm going to get me one!

More 'moderne arte' is underway, so, I'll be back with more designs or opinions from the critic, the little toot!

Please click here to view Moderne Arte: The Continual Growth of Imperfect Ideas (2) and More

Artwork and Photos GH

No comments: