Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Long Road Back Pt 6: Betwixt and between

Canada’s debt is growing (we all know this) but my bonus points are growing faster.

Last time I checked in, I was getting some bonus points back after two weeks of slacking off and eating peach pie.

The last two weeks have been much the same, i.e., ride, ride, play hockey, ride, ride, play hockey, etc.


["A week ago Saturday - 50 miles of riding and sore hinder parts": photo GH]

I now have more bonus points (+213) than ever before. (I’m pretty sure I will need them in the future - maybe next summer. I hope to take 3 weeks off and drive to B.C. and back and listen to every Bob Dylan CD ever made, including one of his new sets. If I get them for Christmas. Sorry, I digress).

But... and this is a big but, do you see what’s missing?

That’s right. I’m not running miles through Greenway Park.

Just riding and hockey.

Sure, it’s fun and it’s fitness but I want to beat The Swede in a half marathon by Dec. 31, 2010.

Will I get there?

***

The running habit is tough to get back.

My knees don’t take to it as easily as they once did.

.

No comments: