Monday, October 11, 2010

Recent Visitors: Hello to Belgium, France and Spain

Occasionally I check stats on the site meter found at the very bottom of this page.

For example, I check the location of some of my readers.


["Welcome to Canada, land of the red maple leaf"]

Rather than listing ‘on the couch’, ‘on a laptop’, or ‘in a Starbucks’ etc., the site meter lists location by city and country.

So cool.

Recently, visitors from Spain (Barcelona, Cataluna), France (Paris, Ile-de-France) and Belgium (Brussels, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest) dropped by - and likely stayed for over an hour and read dozens of posts each.

After I discovered this I wondered, what post interested or attracted readers from these countries?

I’d like to know. (I don’t speak European, so it was likely just an accident).


["Did they enjoy their visit or just hit "next blog"?]

I do know that I made the comment recently that austerity measures, due to growing financial difficulties and debt, will not be easily accepted.

Case in point:

While assembling a birdhouse in my shop several days ago I heard a CBC Radio report that stated protesters filled many a street in Brussels because of austerity measures. It was also mentioned the crowds in Brussels were not alone. Similar protests were taking place at that time in Spain, France and Italy.

Are my new visitors a coincidence? I think not. This is the world wide web after all.

To them I say, welcome. We’re not in the streets yet here in Canada but it may not be long.

***

Pssst. Wanna buy a birdhouse?

.

No comments: