Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Zoom w a View: While sitting in my favourite chair

Late Sunday afternoon, after a stellar bike ride, I returned home to my favourite back yard chair.

My wife joined me and I - lovingly and patiently (that's me all over) - recalled to her several natural scenes I’d seen miles away, but noticed at the same time several more were unfolding before our eyes just meters away.


A small wren (?) with a creamy-orange chest hopped from atop a birdhouse to a branch above, then hid among the leaves.


With the sun’s rays upon it, a burst of red leaves appeared amongst the green in my neighbour’s tree.




Then two balloons floated overhead on a quiet breeze, perhaps looking for the house nearby belonging to a man whose business card should read "Minor voice, in my opinion at least, of some part of London" rather than “The Voice of London.”

Also dangling in the air, a lone spider waiting for a hapless fly to drop by - unexpectedly - for a meal.


***

Send me a photo you have taken of a natural scene witnessed recently.

I say, why bury it?

.

No comments: