Sunday, October 24, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: Last ride of the season?

Though it was cloudy today in Deforest City, temperatures rose to a high of 19 degrees Celsius and my motorcycle started as soon as I turned the key.

As I rode west toward Delaware I wondered if I would be getting any or many more rides before storing the bike for winter.


["I always park at the same spot on Mill Rd.": photos GH]

Knowing I had no answer to my question I thought I’d better stop on Mill Rd., one of my favourite stops, between Delaware and Mt. Brydges.


["Oak trees make up a goodly portion of the trees on Mill Rd."]

The road has a lovely, scenic curve, a convenient place to park and an old mill pond for enjoyable fall views.


["From a tiny acorn a mighty oak will grow"]

Bill Carruthers, land owner on the curve and of the pond, joined me and filled me in re the history of the area.




Now my favourite spot holds even more meaning.

If it was my last ride, it was a good one.

***

Please click here to view photos of another recent trip - to Strathroy, Ontario.

.

No comments: