Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It Strikes Me Funny: "then there's the hockey game"


Last evening, after re-reading certain popcorn popper instructions ("use 2 tbsp. of oil with 1/3 cup of kernels; add 6 equal pieces of butter"), I wiped the new machine down and fired it up. The start time for movie night was 15 minutes away.

     He: Feel like a single or double order?

     She: How long is the movie?

     He: Over 90 minutes. Then there's the hockey game, 
           Canada vs the U.S.

     She: You do like popcorn. Better make a double order.

Within minutes I had my Betty Crocker Movie Nite CINEMA-STYLE popcorn popper firing on all cylinders.

["I went with extra butter. Happy New Year!"]

The movie was decent. Canada's Juniors beat the U.S. 3 - 2 and won their division.


And I had butter up to my elbows.


Photos by GH

Link to more It Strikes Me Funny

No comments: