Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Point of View : Summer’s over so it’s time for a fall election

I know the last one was yesterday but I don’t think a snap election is a big waste of everybody’s money.

I’m including my hard-earned money as well as yours and I hate frivolities.

Granted, it’s not officially official but chances are so good Canadians are facing a fall election that I’ve already made room on my rear bumper for a snappy sticker.


“Minority Governments Suck - ‘specially this one”

That said it is perfectly reasonable to ask:

Why is PM Harper sending us back to vote so soon after the last time?

Here are two reasons I’ve heard :

Our Prime Minister had “a brief and bitter 20-minute meeting” with Liberal leader Stephane Dion and snapped

[Read the local news]

No political party with its own unique agenda - e.g. the Liberal, NDP, Green Party or Bloc Quebecois - has confidence in him so he can’t lead like the leader he thinks he is

My own opinion?

He’s short sighted.

And I’m fine with an election because I’m ready for change.

Stay tuned.

.

No comments: