Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Life Lessons: Raising children isn’t easy. Any secrets?

While I built a compost bin this afternoon my mind started to wander.

My sons, 40- and 37-years old, are competent wood workers (in fact, the older one is exceptional) and I wished they were both in the back yard to lend me a hand and spend some good time together with me. Of course, since they both have full-time jobs I was just wishing. One also lives four hours away.


["I'll finish up tomorrow. I'll call my younger to help with the lid.": photo GH]

While I put tools away (my Wed. hockey game started at 4 p.m.) I wondered what the secret is to raising children. I get along well with my sons, hope to have hundreds of rewarding times together in the future, and still want to be a good dad.

One thought sprang to mind and it seemed to fit my circumstance:

For me, on this day, the secret of raising children is to keep looking for the secret.

***

Please click here for something from the workshop.

.

No comments: